Prescription Drug Pricing
What is the business need?
- Replace DataStage ETL to implement 340B custom validation rules (a small subset of all validation rules)
- Validate the performance of the Hadoop-based real-time architecture with the existing 340b program for custom validation rules
- Prescriptions are processed in batch.
- processing times are increasing as the number of prescriptions that must be evaluated for 340b qualification is increasing
- DataStage is very expensive and scaling is not a cost effective options
- Not a near real time
- Design a scalable Big Data solution to address growing data volume and complex data processing needs
- Enable near real-time data ingestion
- Process millions of Prescription fills using HDFS, Hive, Pig, Java and HBase
- 4 hr. in DataStage has been reduced to 1 hr. in Hadoop
- Able to run metrics more often